清心 发表于 2014-8-31 11:52:35

7 天掌握 Mobile Marketing (Day 5)

本帖最后由 清心 于 2014-9-1 10:53 编辑

7 Days to Master Mobile Marketing (Day 5)

Day 5: Launching Your Campaigns

By now you should have your links and ads ready to go. Now just pick the network you want to test with first. Depending on the country and offer you may chose one network over another.

This is the big day ladies and gentlemen; this is where I reveal where most marketers get mobile wrong. In mobile there are literally dozens of variables you can test, I will first tell you the ones that are most important, and then show you which you should test in what order.

Text vs Banner*– Most networks have both formats available. These can have drastically different results, so pick one and stay consistent. I prefer to do banners because I find they are more consistent when scaling to other ad networks.

WAP vs App Traffic*– WAP traffic is traffic from users who visit websites using their phone. For example if I type in “news” on my Android I may find a site that is formatted for mobile devices. This type of traffic tends to convert best, but at the same time is usually much more expensive.

App traffic is traffic from actual apps. This kind of traffic is only available on smart phones. There are a lot of “accidental” clicks due to kids playing games and other shadiness so the conversion rates are usually much lower. However, there is a TON of traffic so if you can make something work there will be good volume. The key to app traffic is to make sure to cut non-performing publishers fast.

Smart v Feature Phones*– Feature phones are any phones that aren’t smart that can still browse the web. Typically these are little nokias with a basic web browser. Currently the trend is towards smart phones, but do not dismiss feature phones, as about 45% of the mobile phones are feature phones in the US alone! On top of that think of the demo of users who use feature phones? They tend to be young urban youth and they convert well for dating and finance offers.

Smart Phones – In the US Android and iOS dominate the market with Blackberry Windows and Palm trailing behind. Test each one separately and see how they back out for you. Make sure to pick either Apps or WAP pages and do not mix the 2 as it will affect your results significantly.

Channels*– A lot of networks offer channel targeting. The problem with this system is typically it is not very accurate. For example one network I cut out a channel that didn’t seem to make sense to my campaign and my ROI plummeted. I checked my referrers and noticed the site that disappeared when I did that was 100% an entertainment portal yet the channel that I blocked was under “Utility.” The moral of the story is don’t fuss too much with channels, its more important to block publishers and sites that don’t perform. One more note on that anytime you see RON traffic it usually means traffic that people are having a hard time monetizing. This does not mean it won’t back out just make sure you get it cheap and don’t mix it with the more premium inventory.

Ad Dimensions*– This is another crucial element to testing offers. Although there is a plethora of accepted ad sizes*Google Mobile AdSense Ad Sizes*they are served according to the screen resolution. Since there is very little mobile screen resolution standards you can drastically alter which phones you’re targeting simply by using a different ad size. Some networks let you duplicate your ad in the different sizes, from my experience its better not to do that. I find breaking out the ad sizes helps find profitable results quicker. On some ad networks you don’t have a choice they automatically populate all the popular ad sizes. Just remember that if you can isolate this variable you should.

Mobile Device*– Because of how many devices are out there in the market I typically ignore this variable. I only pull up this report after a large data set where I know my data is statistically significant. I only cut if I absolutely have to, when one phone type or device is sucking up a lot of clicks and not converting at all.

Here is an example of the thought process I usually go through when testing a campaign. I’m going to use Jumptap and Meetmoi.

*Create 5 – 10 banners in different ad sizes
*Create 3 campaigns (Feature, iPhone, Android). For feature phones you can’t pick apps/wap so I leave it as is. For iPhone and Android I pick WAP pages only. I target all categories initially minus RON.
*Block WiFi traffic on all campaigns as it typically performs lower than carrier traffic.
*Set up my bids and budgets, keep both of them low and launch. Please note the*minimum*bid is only minimum if you forget to ask your rep to lower it!

Again I’m going to repeat what I stated above in very simple terms as this is usually the reason most people fail at mobile.

1. Block Wi-Fi Traffic
2. Block Apps (Test*separately*later)
3. Break Out Phones (Feature vs Android vs iOS etc)
4. Break Out Major Carriers (If no solution to track carrier performance)
5. Keep Budget and CPC’s as low as you can

Please note when testing try to launch at the start of the day for that country. So if I’m targeting US I like to launch around 8 or 9 am EST. Also, you want to spread your budget evenly if the system lets you. Keep your budgets low typically 5 – 10 times the offer payout is enough to see if there’s potential.

Daily to Do: Set up your first campaign and launch. If you’re feeling adventurous launch more than one campaign.

反扎马尾 发表于 2014-9-1 15:07:41

你直接把电子书发上来不就行了

清心 发表于 2014-9-1 15:54:56

哆哆 发表于 2014-9-1 15:07
你直接把电子书发上来不就行了

对啊,在DAY 1里就有电子书下载了,http://www.advertcn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18136&page=1#pid172505,之前是因为后面DAY 2 被防水墙了重复发了好多次,现在被恢复了就只好修改了下,后面DAY6和7就不发了,直接下载吧

finder 发表于 2014-9-2 00:01:39

这有点太水了吧,直接找个资料复制粘贴,发个资源帖也比这种帖子有水平。

清心 发表于 2014-9-2 01:42:51

finder 发表于 2014-9-2 00:01
这有点太水了吧,直接找个资料复制粘贴,发个资源帖也比这种帖子有水平。 ...

不如你也从付费论坛里找些不水的教程发给大家看看?

finder 发表于 2014-9-2 08:03:02

清心 发表于 2014-9-2 01:42
不如你也从付费论坛里找些不水的教程发给大家看看?

不是说楼主的资料水,楼主一个资料发了多少帖?如果这样,前面那些大牛的连载早就占满了真个版面了,希望你的理解。虽然一个帖子能获取两个广告币,要是资料真的给力,大家给你加的广告币远远的超过这些。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 7 天掌握 Mobile Marketing (Day 5)