清心 发表于 2014-8-29 19:20:24

7 天掌握 Mobile Marketing (Day 1)

本帖最后由 清心 于 2014-8-31 14:00 编辑

本系列文章来自国外收费论坛AFF PLAYBOOK的精华教程,不敢私藏,特意分享给大家,但是因为没有时间翻译,所以英文不太好的同学可以复制到谷歌自动翻译看看吧{:soso_e100:},这是第一天的部分,如果大家喜欢看的话,我就继续发后面的教程以及分享其他版块例如Mail,LP,PPV,PPC的精华教程,大家也顺便给我加点币鼓励一下啦{:soso_e112:}
7 Days to Master Mobile Marketing (Training Series) (Day 1)
Its time to get serious about Mobile Marketing ! That's why The Angry Russian and the Hebrew Hammer are here to fill you guys in on some great tips to get you started in mastering the playing field.

I will post a new thread for each days content, starting with today (Day 1).

Here is a breakdown of what you should expect to learn in this series:

MOBILE MARKETING BASICS

Day 1
Affliate and Advertising Networks
- Difference in affiliate networks
- Which affiliate networks I recommend
- Affiliate network breakdown
- How to get approved to any affiliate network
- How the advertising networks work
- Where are they getting their traffic?
TO DO: Sign up to 3 affiliate and 3 advertising networks

Day 2
Picking your offers to test
-What to look for in offers
-What to ask your account managers
-What is eCPM and why it is important?
TO DO: Pick 3 offers you would like to test

SETTING UP AND TRACKING CAMPAIGNS
Day 3
Using Tracking
- Tracking options
- Pulling links from the affiliate network
- Using subid tracking
- Split testing networks
- Placing pixels
TO DO: Set up tracking

Day 4
Creating ads
- Writing good ad copy
- How to use Photoshop
- Pixel sizes for images ads
- Saving for Web Device
- Animating ads
TO DO: Create ads for your desired campaigns

Day 5
Launching your first campaigns
- Setting up campaigns in ad networks
- Using c1, c2, c3
- Each ad network and their dynamic variables
- Stay consistent with how you use variables
- Text vs Banner
- WAP vs APP
- Android vs iOS vs Feature
- Setting up your split testing correctly
- Picking dimensions to test
- Most important variables
- Budgets
TO DO: Set up your first test with 1 network 1 campaign and split test across major variables, make sure to launch in the morning

Day 6
Analyzing and Optimizing
- How to spot the winners
- Click discrepancies on aff networks vs your numbers vs ad networks
- Optimizing your results
- Picking the winning ads (eCPM)
- Statistically Significant results
- Day Parting, Week Parting
TO DO: Analyze and Optimize Your Results

SCALING YOUR CAMPAIGN
Day 7
Scaling your campaign
- Testing other networks with your data
- Leveraging payout and volume
- Finding the right balance of volume and ROI to maximize take home revenue
- Know Your Metrics and buying CPM
- Always Be Split Testing
- Floating capital/ weekly wires
TO DO: Scale your campaign

I hope everyone is ready to get started!

Without further ado, I present to you -

7 Days to Master Mobile Marketing (Day 1)

DAY 1: Affiliate and Advertising Networks

You as an affiliate really only need to work with two types of companies, the affiliate network, and the advertising network. In mobile however, to yield the best results its better to work with mobile focused partners.

Affiliate Networks

There are many different affiliate networks out there, but in the mobile space there are some things you should start paying attention to. The first is that the traditional CPA networks that you know and love are starting to pick up on mobile offers, however, what a lot of them don’t realize is that tracking over a mobile device is much more difficult then the web.

Many handsets and even users disable some tracking features we have grown to love including Javascript and Cookies.

Below are the list of the top networks we recommend and some info about them.

Neverblue – Their tracking is built in house and they have been aggressive about getting into the mobile space. Their tracking seems to work great, however, their strict geo redirects often send users to their offer wall instead of the offer page, so keep an eye on that.

MobPartner – This is a French network that has been taking great strides. This networks CR’s tend to stay consistent much more than any other network. Maybe they haven’t heard of scrubbing your leads yet, or maybe it’s their in house tracking platform. One cool feature about signing up with them is you get access to the following page ‘http://web.mobpartner.com/en/admin/media_buyer_help‘ which shows their top offers by EPC for each month. In addition, they have partnerships with a few traffic sources to give you FREE CREDIT upon signing up.

OfferMobi –Another network with a team that gets the CPA and affiliate space so its nice to work with them vs other mobile networks that are more geared towards developers.

SponsorMob – Another mobile network that can give you back end reporting on carrier, handset, operating system. However, their street payouts are pretty low.

Silver-Path – If you’re not running paths you’re missing out on big money. Silver path has an amazing mobile path that can convert traffic that other offers don’t even want! The integration is a bit complex so if you’re not strong with code save this one for later.

Pay Per Call Networks
CJ Pay-Per-Call–If you’re going to try pay per call this network has some solid offers. The payment terms are pretty awful compared to many of the other networks, so if cash flow is an issue then stay away.

PepperJam Pay-Per-Call– Although I haven’t seen offers that I really love; this is a great network to start working with now. Pay per call will only get hotter, and it’s just a matter of time before an advertiser puts together a monster that can dominate the marketplace.

NOTE: Above 2 networks run most offer from RingRevenue

Whew… if that’s not enough here are some more for you to sign up. Keep in mind you typically only want to work with about 5 networks initially. If you spread your testing out too thin across dozens of networks it will turn into a nightmare when you’re waiting on payments and don’t have the cash to hit something while its hot.

· YeahMobi
· KissMyAds
· Apprupt
· Admobix

Don’t be another “affiliate”

What do I mean by that? Networks are sick of working with affiliates; they want to work with business partners. When you contact these networks act like you’re a real company and watch how many more doors open for you.

Below are the exact steps I take to ensure that networks I work with treat me right:

Step 1: Build yourself a website. You don’t need to have an LLC or anything fancy. Even a simple 1 pager with a corporate logo and design with information about you and your business will do.

Step 2: After you fill out the app, make sure to call or email the network. Don’t wait weeks just to get your denied email. Be proactive and reach out to them directly. You’re here to make you and them money.

Step 3: When you do get a hold of someone interview them. Don’t let them bully you around, they want your business, so make sure to ask good questions and know who you’re working with. Some standard questions I ask include:

- What tracking platform do you use?
- Do you run offers internally?
- Do you offer weeklies/biweeklies with volume?
- What are your strongest offers right now?
- Do you have international offers?
- Etc.

Step 4: Build rapport with your reps. Keep it business, but also show them you’re a human being. I know for some of you nerds this is hard, but get to know who you’re working with, these people will be the ones that help you scale, get you better terms, higher payouts and more!

Step 5: If you don’t like your rep, whether they are unhelpful, hard to get a hold of, unresponsive, or screw you over in anyway, ASK FOR SOMEONE ELSE. After all it’s your business, and you want the best on your team.

Advertising Networks

We will be focusing on the Ad Networks as that is the best place to find cheap traffic that allows affiliate offers and a rapid testing methodology we will explore in the training.

There are 2 ways that people view ads on their mobile devices:

Mobile Search – I wish I could list a lot of networks in this space, but unfortunately Google is the major player. With the growth of Android (Google) there are no serious contenders in the space. If you’re banned from AdWords, then you’re out of luck, go get another account. If you do have an AdWords account setting up a mobile search campaign is easy.

Below is a video on how to set up a campaign in AdWords targeting mobile devices along with some tips and tricks of the trade. Mobile search is a bit weird due to how many advertisers in AdWords are unknowingly targeting mobile which drives up the CPCs and makes domination tougher. However, there is promise in search and Pay-Per-Call campaigns.

http://www.mobafftraining.com/beta/w...ile/index.html

I can write a whole course on how to run Google Adwords, but there’s already great content out there just Google it. I will focus on the mobile space on the ad network side because that is where I feel the biggest opportunity for affiliates is.

Mobile Display - This is a very messy market indeed, which means that it’s ripe with opportunity. Here are the points that are important to you as marketer. A lot of the traffic comes from Supply Side Platforms. Basically when a publisher can’t sell their display inventory directly they dump it in the open exchange or SSPs that then sell it to other traffic sources who in turn sell it to you. I know what you’re thinking “Can’t we just buy from the SSP?” NO most have a very high barrier to entry and won’t let you access their inventory unless you’re an established advertising network or an agency ready to commit to a $100,000 media buy.

Where you need to focus your attention on is the Ad Networks in the image above. They are the perfect ground for testing on a budget and scaling. Don’t be deceived, you can push serious volume with the ad networks that have more than enough targeting to get you the ROI you want. Most networks have a mix of direct publishers and exchange traffic.

The following is a great list of networks.

AdMob – One of the biggest traffic sources for US, but also have a lot of international inventory. Because they are the most high profile (and Google owned) they tend to attract the big spenders and brands. This is a decent network to test broad targeting campaigns. After the update on September all of the mobile web inventory has now moved to AdWords. This means targeting AdMob will get you almost all APP inventory.

Buzzcity – A lot of traffic in emerging markets, however, they still have more than enough in English speaking western countries as well. They also own some entertainment portals. A cool feature in Buzzcity is their AdPlanner which lets you see the amount of impressions and CPC costs in every market you want to target.

InMobi – Tons of traffic in Asia and Africa. There is a fair bit of quality premium pubs, however, there are also a good amount of poor publishers. Make sure to track and cut the fat accordingly.

Jumptap – Most of the traffic is US based. This is one of my favorite networks to test on because of their level of tracking and relative ease of split testing. Their back end optimization is a bit weird so often you will see an ad take off and get more impressions despite a much lower CTR.

AirPush - This is a very unique network. Basically the way it works is on the Android platform when you download an app, the app is able to send you messages directly into your status bar. CTRs are out of control on these type of ads as long as you know how to write good copy. Targeting is a lot more limited so the offer needs to have broad appeal. Also, make sure to try their international inventory.

Mojiva - Another network that has a lot of US traffic. This network has a lot of quality publishers and a lot of junk. You need to come in with proven campaigns and creative and quickly axe publishers that are not performing.

We will be focusing on JumpTap because it is one of the best networks to learn mobile on.

There are many other traffic sources out there for you to try, simply Google “mobile ad networks” and you will have more than enough to keep you busy.

NOTE: I treat my ad networks like I do my affiliate networks. The steps I mentioned in the previous day as to how to come off like a real business apply here as well. Get on the phone, talk to your rep, learn more about the network, and build a relationship.

Daily to Do: Sign up to JumpTap as its one of the best mobile traffic sources to learn on. In addition sign up to (2) other advertising networks to save time when you need to scale. Next sign up to NeverBlue if you’re not already signed up plus (2) more mobile centric affiliate networks. Make sure to get a rep with every vendor you work with both on the affiliate and advertising side. Schedule an intro call or SKYPE chat to discuss how you will be working together.

Remember to look professional. Take your business seriously and watch the doors open. Build a basic site describing you and your business. BONUS: Set up LinkedIn and start connecting with everyone you’ve ever worked with.

This concludes Day 1 of the series. Be sure to check for Day 2 tomorrow!

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions about day 1 in this thread.

Now get out there and get started!

因为后面的教程我没法另外发帖,只好全部弄成一本电子书供大家下载了

z544122 发表于 2014-8-29 20:46:29

不错的教程···加币鼓励下

阿道夫 发表于 2014-8-29 22:37:55

为毛不翻译cook系列啊。这个才是最新的好像。

清心 发表于 2014-8-30 09:54:52

阿道夫 发表于 2014-8-29 22:37
为毛不翻译cook系列啊。这个才是最新的好像。

cook系列你有原文吗?也发出来给我们看看吧,有空翻译下

阿道夫 发表于 2014-8-30 22:17:01

本帖最后由 阿道夫 于 2014-8-30 22:18 编辑

清心 发表于 2014-8-30 09:54
cook系列你有原文吗?也发出来给我们看看吧,有空翻译下
stm论坛上有呀。我之前看错了,STM是十四天掌握MOBIE系列。

hua120 发表于 2014-8-31 06:03:29

:lol

清心 发表于 2014-8-31 11:44:35

7 Days to Master Mobile Marketing (Day 2)

Day 2: Picking Your OffersThis is probably one of the most common questions. It can be quite daunting to find offers with so many options out there. How do you know which offer is a winner?Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret… YOU CAN’T. The truth of the matter is you can’t guarantee an offer is a winner. In fact there are offers you might do well with that others simply can’t get to work. The only way to find a profitable campaign is by testing.Let me explain my philosophy in affiliate marketing: Launch, Launch, Launch, Optimize, Then Launch Some More!If you launch 2 – 3 campaigns a day, with tracking set up properly, I guarantee that within a few weeks you will find a winner. It may not be the monster that makes you $1,000 per day, but it will be profitable, and more often times than not, also scalable.Look at it this way: 80/20 rule (which I live by)… 80% of your campaigns will FAIL! That means if you launch 10 only 2 will do break even or better. Lets say those 2 you got to make you $10 a day. With this logic to find one or two that makes you $100 a day you would need 10 profitable campaigns or 100 campaigns tested total. So that means to find a monster that makes you $1,000 a day it can take over 1,000 campaigns in testing.Don’t worry though, I have a system for maximizing your chances of finding a winner faster and with less testing budget.I looked at campaigns I’ve had success with and asked myself what they have in common? The following are keys to finding profitable offers on mobile display.TEST 1:Does the offer have mass-market appeal? In other words if 100 people saw the offer you would want the maximum amount of people to be interested. Take dating for example. Males who are single (and some that cheat) in the US alone account for at least 15% of the population, so offers in this vertical pass the first test.TEST 2:Does the offer work on phones? You’ll be shocked as to how many offers out there simply don’t look right, or have functionality that doesn’t work. Here is what I do to test the offer and make sure that it works properly.· Use the following firefox plugin which allows you to pose as an iPhone Default User Agent· Want to test other phones add this to the above plugin Default User Agent Extension· Change the resolution of FF browser to that of a phone (iPhone4 960 x 640 px) You can use this pluginTEST 3:Does the offer have a simple path? Remember people on phones aren’t going to fill out extensive complicated forms. Make sure the offer has a simple path from the first page to the conversion. For example, if you’re running a mobile subscription, ask your rep how the user confirms their subscription. Is it a simple reply Yes to text or do they have to go back to the webpage and enter their pin. Little things like this make a HUGE difference on mobile.PROTIP – Another clue as to whether an offer might be good to test if it you see it on more than one network. Remember to follow the origin use WhereGoes.com and track the redirects to ensure you’re getting the offer near the top and not brokered from 3 other network. Use a service like oDigger to spot offers you want to run. Remember that payout and EPC aren’t everything since these numbers can easily be inflated by unscrupulous netowrks.Once you select your offers contact your rep and ask how they have performed in the past or are currently performing. Ask them for any tips that might help you get profitable including how much volume they are producing, what kind of EPC, which countries perform best, how much budget and cap they have, which handsets are performing, which carriers are doing best, and anything else you want to know.Unlike traditional web CPA offers, the WAP offers are a bit limited. This will change, so always keep your eye out for new offers and get on them first before others pick up on the trend. First to market is always easier then trying to muscle your way in. With that being said, there are still more than enough offers for you to drive traffic to RIGHT NOW.Here are the type of offers I’ve had success with:· Mobile Path (Sivler-Path)· Ringtones (Thumplay and Jamster)· Crush Quiz (Private Offer)· Dating (MeetMoi and 大人 Dating)· Promo Offers (Win an iPad)· Lead Generation (Pre Paid Cards)Daily to Do:Start poking around the various networks and make your short list of 3 offers that you might want to test. Grill your account reps about the offers and try to get as much intelligence about what is working. Use the tools above to test the offer paths to get a better idea of what a user might have to go through. Keep in mind forms that are easy on web are a pain on phones so look for offers that keep it simple. Don’t be afraid to pick international offers.

jackieshi 发表于 2014-9-1 13:00:37

好东西一定要顶下。

jackyin 发表于 2014-9-3 22:33:43

这个广告币真重要

agelin 发表于 2014-9-11 12:39:24

支持!

ceom123 发表于 2014-9-12 14:15:41

这是2012年的?

slmkj 发表于 2014-9-14 01:32:58

stm论坛,网址是

bbqbbqgo 发表于 2014-9-22 22:52:06

谢谢分享